COLUMBUS, GEORGIA ALCOHOL SAFETY ACTION PROJECT. APPENDIX 'H' TABLES. SECTION III
The primary objectives of the study were to decrease significantly the number of deaths, the number and severity of injuries, and the amount of property damage in alcohol-related crashes; and to increase significantly the degree of public support for programs with goals and activities similar to ASAP's, so that groundwork is laid for continuing the more successful programs established by ASAP. The objectives were to decrease significantly both the total number of alcohol-related crashes and the proportion of the total traffic crashes which alcohol-related crashes compose; to decrease significantly the number and proportion of intoxicated drivers on the roads; and to decrease significantly the BAC levels of (a) drinking drivers (that is, those drivers whose breath sample demonstrates the presence of alcohol in their systems) involved in alcohol-related crashes, (b) drinking drivers involved in non-crash alcohol-related traffic arrests, and (c) drinking drivers in general (i.e., those who come through the roadside survey).
- See also Section 2, Volume 6, PB-293200 and Section 4, Volume 1, PB-293202.
University of Georgia, AthensCollege of Business Administration
Athens, GA USA 30602
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Peek, C W
- Hudson, J M
- Milton, E V
- Seller, R
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: 727 p.
- TRT Terms: Blood alcohol levels; Crash rates; Driver rehabilitation; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Education; Injuries; Law enforcement; Prevention; Project management; Publicity; Safety; Statistics; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety
- Identifier Terms: Alcohol Safety Action Program
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents; Rehabilitation
- Geographic Terms: Georgia
- Old TRIS Terms: Asap (Alcohol safety action program)
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00191725
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-803-912 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-057-1-074
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 30 1979 12:00AM