STANDARD LIGHT RAIL VEHICLE SPECIFICATION. TECHNICAL SECTION
The specification describes a standard United States Light Rail Vehicle. Performance parameters and design characteristics contained in this specification were developed in cooperation with mass transit operators, consulting engineers, and the Urban Mass Transportation Administration. The overall specification is divided in two sections which detail contractural procedures and technical specifications for the manufacture of the light rail vehicle. The report, the technical section, contains comprehensive design specifications for all vehicle components.
- Prepared in cooperation with San Francisco Municipal Railway Improvement Corp., Calif. See also PB-212 687.
Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority10 Park Plaza
Boston, MA United States 02116
- Publication Date: 1972-10
- Pagination: 286 p.
- TRT Terms: Chassis; Design; Electric power; Electrical systems; Engineering; Equipment; Light rail vehicles; Materials; Performance evaluations; Propulsion; Railroad cars; Rapid transit; Specifications; Standards; Streetcars; Suspension systems; Trolley cars; Urban transportation; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Engineering standards; Equipment specifications; Materials specifications; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Design; Materials; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00041875
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 9 1973 12:00AM