NOISE ASSESSMENT OF THE CHICAGO TRANSIT AUTHORITY RAIL RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM
The report describes the noise on and near the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) urban rail transit lines. The CTA urban rail lines consist of approximately 86 miles of two-way revenue track (of which 9.6 miles are in subway) and 155 stations. Noise data are given for specific measurements made in cars, in stations, and along the non-subway wayside at selected locations. The rationale for choice of measurement sites and the methodology for arriving at the summary noise distributions from the data is discussed explicitly. Measurement and analysis instrumentation and procedures are also described.
- See also report dated Sep 74, PB-238 113.
University of Illinois, ChicagoP.O. Box 4348
Chicago, IL USA 60680
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationResearch and Education Division
Washington, DC USA 20590
- SILVER, M L
- Buchus, R C
- Priemer, R
- Publication Date: 1979-1
- Pagination: 305 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Data processing; Effective sound pressure; Environmental impacts; Loudness; Measurement; Noise; Noise control; Rail transit stations; Railroad cars; Railroad stations; Rapid transit; Routes; Sound level; Subways; Transportation; Transportation operations; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: Chicago Transit Authority
- Uncontrolled Terms: Mileage; Noise reduction; Transportation noise
- Geographic Terms: Illinois
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement; Rapid transit railways; Transportation administration
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Environment; Transportation (General); Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00191677
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-MA-06-0025-79-8Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UMTA-IL-11-007
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 13 1981 12:00AM