FUNDAMENTALS IN AIR QUALITY
The Implementation Package presents a basic understanding of air quality fundamentals. The text focuses its attention specifically to highway related air pollution and procedures used in the highway air quality assessment process. It gives the historical background of the air pollution problem in the U.S. and the world leading up to the Clean Air Act. It presents the major pollutants with emphasis on highway related, and discusses pollutant classification, sources and the potential effect on man and his environment. Highway traffic impacts on ambient air quality are explained along with discussions of engine emissions and the transportation network. It discusses the Clean Air Act development and the implementation procedures related to the transportation problem. The concept, methods and requirements of air pollution analysis are extensively covered. The various factors required for analysis such as meteorology, emissions factors, background concentrations, site monitoring, etc., are defined and explained in detail. The book concludes with a presentation of guidelines for preparing a comprehensive air quality study report for a highway E.I.S.
- Implementation Package.
Greiner Engineering Sciences, IncorporatedVillage of Cross Keys
Baltimore, MD USA 21210
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Ertugrul, A M
- Hammond, H R
- Publication Date: 1977-2
- Pagination: 294 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Assessments; Concentration (Chemistry); Exhaust gases; Highways; Mathematical models; Meteorology; Monitoring; Regulations; Standards
- Identifier Terms: Clean Air Act
- Uncontrolled Terms: Sources
- Subject Areas: Finance; Geotechnology; Highways; Law;
- Accession Number: 00191673
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/IP-76/5
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8908
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 13 1979 12:00AM