TRANSPORT OF SOLID COMMODITIES VIA FREIGHT PIPELINE: VOLUME I. COST COMPARISON AMONG VARIOUS MODES OF FREIGHT TRANSPORT
The goal of this research was to evaluate the potential and limitations of freight pipeline as a viable mode of cargo transport over long distances. The purpose of this second year effort was to apply the methodology of analysis developed in the first year of study to a specific transport corridor (Philadelphia-Chicago).
- See also RRIS 11 191664; Bulletin 7902. Also available in set of 4 reports PC E10, PB-292657-SET.
University of Pennsylvania, PhiladelphiaDepartment of Civil and Urban Engineering
Philadelphia, PA United States 19104
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Zandi, I
- WARNER, J A
- Publication Date: 1978-12
- Pagination: 98 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Capsule pipelines; Competition; Costs; Freight transportation; Intercity transportation; Operating costs; Pipelines; Transportation modes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Geographic Terms: Chicago (Illinois); Philadelphia (Pennsylvania)
- Subject Areas: Finance; Freight Transportation; Pipelines; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00191665
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/RSPA/DPB-50/7833Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-50119
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 15 1979 12:00AM