PLANNING AND DESIGN CRITERIA FOR BIKEWAYS IN CALIFORNIA
The document is intended to satisfy the requirements of California state law that calls for the development of bikeways in the state. It is also part of an overall commitment by the state government to encourage bicycle use and the development of improved facilities for bicycle travel. The document presents general bikeway planning criteria, design criteria for class I, II, and III bikeways and uniform signs, markings, and traffic control devices.
5900 Folsom Boulevard
Sacramento, CA USA 95819
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1978-6-30
- Pagination: 58 p.
- TRT Terms: Bicycles; Bikeways; Design; Facilities; Highway traffic control; Jurisprudence and judicial processes; Planning; Road markings; State government; Traffic control devices; Traffic engineering; Traffic signs; Travel
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Geographic Terms: California
- Old TRIS Terms: Traffic marking
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Law; Operations and Traffic Management; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Planning and Forecasting; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00191661
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/CA-6/78/1 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jun 13 1979 12:00AM