ANALYTICAL STUDY OF MATHEMATICAL MODELS OF THE MOTOR VEHICLE SYSTEM. PHASE III
The study consisted of four basic tasks: the collection and inventory of mathematical models of the motor vehicle system, the analysis of selected models used in policy analysis, the computer implementation of models being analyzed, and research into the use of a model as a tool in policy formulation. The subject of in-depth study was the Wharton Econometric Forecasting Associates Automobile Demand Model. The report summarizes the technical approach and research results of the tasks undertaken in this study.
- Sponsored in part by Motor Vehicle Manufacturers Association of the United States, Inc., Detroit, MI.
Highway Safety Research InstituteHuron Parkway and Baxter Road
Ann Arbor, MI USA 48109
Motor Vehicles Manufacturers Association320 New Center Building
Detroit, MI USA 48202
- Richardson, B C
- JOSCELYN, K B
- Publication Date: 1978-11
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Computers; Demand; Econometrics; Forecasting; Highway transportation; Mathematical models; Motor vehicles; Policy; Research
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Policy; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00191604
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UM-HSRI-78-54 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 26 1979 12:00AM