RAILROAD ACCIDENT REPORTS. BRIEF FORMAT, ISSUE 2, 1977
The publication contains briefs of selected railroad accidents occurring in U.S. railroad operations during calendar year 1977. The brief format presents basic facts, conditions, circumstances, and probable cause(s) in each instance. Additional statistical information is tabulated by types of accident, and casualties related to types of accidents, carriers involved, and causal factors.
National Transportation Safety BoardBureau of Accident Investigation, 800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20594
- Publication Date: 1978-10-23
- Pagination: 129 p.
- TRT Terms: Casualties; Common carriers; Crash causes; Crash data; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Crashes; Derailments; Human factors engineering; Maintenance; Operations; Railroad tracks; Railroads; Research; Speed; Statistics; Trespassers
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00191594
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NTSB-RAB-78-3
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 26 1979 12:00AM