RIVER TOW BEHAVIOR IN WATERWAYS. REPORT 1. EXXON TEST PROGRAM
This is the final report on a program to obtain and analyze river tow behavior data. This report describes the first full-scale tow test program conducted in this country in which second-by-second records of tow position, attitude, rudder, power, and river environment parameters are obtained and analyzed. The study demonstrates the feasibility of using off-the-shelf position fixing and rudder angle recording equipment to measure the dynamic behavior of river tows.
Schulz (RM) AssociatesLafayette, CA USA 94549
- Schulz, R M
- Publication Date: 1978-10
- Pagination: 146 p.
- TRT Terms: Hydraulic structures; Maneuverability; Mathematical models; Navigation; Position fixing; Rivers; Ship pilotage; Steering; Test procedures; Tests; Towboat operations; Towboats; Towing devices; Towing vehicles; Transponders; Transportation; Waterways
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Hydraulic models
- Geographic Terms: Mississippi River
- Old TRIS Terms: Fuel scale tests; Position finding; River navigation; Steering characteristics; Tow maneuverability; Tow performance monitoring; Towing tests
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Transportation (General); Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00191559
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: WES-TR-H-78-17-1 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DACN39-77-M-0625
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 26 1979 12:00AM