VANPOOLING AT PANTEX PLANT
The concept of the privately owned and operated method of vanpooling (specifcally at the Pantex Plant) is discussed. The author instigated the first vanpool and he relates his experiences with financing and insurance and relates how the program has widened. He sums what vanpooling has done for Pantex and the nation as a whole: at Pantex, 30 vans save 240,000 gallons of gasoline per year; 300 parking spaces are gained; employees arrive on time and are rested; and 400,000 miles of accident free travel per year are negotiated. Pantex has initiated a program to produce vanpools in many other industrial areas.
- From National Ridesharing Conference; Baltimore, Maryland, September 18, 1978.
Mitre Corporation1820 Dolley Madison Boulevard
McLean, VA United States 22102
Department of Energy1000 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20585
- THOMPSON, M D
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile insurance; Buses; Crash rates; Economics; Education; Energy conservation; Finance; Gasoline; Implementation; Insurance; Operations; Ownership; Parking; Personnel; Public opinion; Transportation; Vanpools
- Old TRIS Terms: Pantex plant
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Energy; Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00191518
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: EY-76-C-04-0487
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 26 1979 12:00AM