CARGO LOGISTICS AIRLIFT SYSTEMS STUDY (CLASS). VOLUME 3: CROSS IMPACT BETWEEN THE 1990 MARKET AND THE AIR PHYSICAL DISTRIBUTION SYSTEMS, BOOK 2
Book 2 of this volume is divided into the following sections: (1) commodities and system networks; (2) future mode choice decisions and commodity air eligibility; (3) comparative cargo transportation costs - air, truck, rail and water; (4) elasticities of demand; (5) operating cost; (6) operating profit, rate making, and returns; (7) importance of rate and service on future aircraft; (8) potential market demand for new aircraft; (9) scenario of events affecting system/market growth; and (10) future study and technology requirements.
- See also ATRIS 191507.
Douglas Aircraft Company, Incorporated3855 Lakewood Boulevard
Long Beach, CA United States 90801
- Burby, R J
- Kuhlman, W H
- Publication Date: 1978-10
- Pagination: 346 p.
- TRT Terms: Air cargo; Air transportation; Aircraft operations; Airlines; Demand; Economic analysis; Economic forecasting; Economic impacts; Elasticity (Mechanics); Forecasting; Logistics; Marketing; Mode choice; Network analysis (Planning); Operating costs; Physical distribution; Rates; Systems analysis; Tables (Data)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Distribution systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Airline operations; Cargo rate structure
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Freight Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00191506
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NASA-CR-158914
- Contract Numbers: NAS1-14948
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 26 1979 12:00AM