U.S. NATIONAL COMMITTEE FOR ROCK MECHANICS, REPORT FOR 1977
The U.S. National Committee for Rock Mechanics, in the Assembly of Mathematical and Physical Sciences of the National Research Council, has served United States scientists and engineers concerned with rock-mechanics problems since 1967. This fourth periodic report for 1977 describes the work of the Committee and its Panels for calendar year 1977. The activities of the two Panels concerned with educational requirements and domestic/international activities are summarized. The last section of this report presents the findings and recommendations of the following three technical-study Panels, which were organized early in 1976 and completed their studies and reports in 1977: the Panel on Rock Mechanics Problems That Limit Energy Resources Recovery and Development; the Panel on Rock Mechanics Problems Related to Underground Construction and Tunneling; and the Panel on Rock Mechanics Problems Related to Seismology and Earthquake Engineering.
National Research CouncilNational Committee for Rock Mechanics
Washington, DC United States 20418
National Science FoundationApplied Science and Research Applications, 1800 G Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20550
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 40 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Drilling; Earthquake resistant design; Earthquake resistant structures; Earthquakes; Energy; Excavation and tunneling; Mining; Physical properties; Recommendations; Reports; Resource development; Rock mechanics; Rocks; Seismology; Tunneling; Underground structures
- Uncontrolled Terms: Recovery; Reporting
- Old TRIS Terms: Rock properties; Tunnel excavation; Underground supporting
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Energy; Geotechnology; Highways; Research;
- Accession Number: 00191482
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NSF/RA-780334 Summ Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NSF-ISP77-13297
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 26 1979 12:00AM