NOISE ASSESSMENT OF THE BAY AREA RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM
The report describes the noise on and near the San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit System (BART). BART has approximately 75 miles of two-way revenue track (of which 19.7 miles are in subway) and 34 stations. Noise data is given for specific measurements made in cars, in stations and along the non-subway wayside at appropriate locations. The rationale for choice of measurement sites and the methodology for arriving at the summary noise distributions from the data is discussed explicitly. Measurement and analysis instrumentation and procedures are also described.
- Prepared by Wilson, Ihrig and Associates, Inc., Oakland, CA.
Boeing Vertol CompanySurface Transportation Systems Department, P.O. Box 16858
Philadelphia, PA United States 19142
Wilson, Ihrig and Associates5776 Broadway
Oakland, CA United States 94618
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Wolfe, S L
- Saurenman, H J
- Lee, PYN
- Publication Date: 1978-10
- Pagination: 313 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Effective sound pressure; Loudness; Measurement; Noise; Noise control; Rail transit stations; Railroad cars; Railroad facilities; Railroad stations; Railroad tracks; Rapid transit; Rapid transit cars; Routes; Sound level; Subways; Transportation; Transportation operations; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District
- Uncontrolled Terms: Mileage; Noise reduction; Transportation noise
- Geographic Terms: California
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement; Rapid transit railways; Transportation administration; Wayside
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Environment; Transportation (General); Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00191435
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-UMTA-78-43 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-850
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 26 1981 12:00AM