FOUR REGIONAL WORKSHOPS ON THE NATIONAL MAXIMUM SPEED LIMIT (NMSL) AND HIGHWAY SAFETY PROGRAMS
Four regional workshops were conducted, with attendees being the chief administrators and field commanders of state law enforcement agencies. The workshops accomplished the following objectives: (1) to develop an understanding of the federal/state role and relationship, especially as it pertains to the NMSL; (2) to provide a forum for the exchange of information relating to mutual support and regional planning for increased NMSL compliance; and (3) to encourage an interchange of information pertaining to the improvement of highway safety programs. In addition, recommendations were developed to provide direction for future research on highway safety programs.
International Association of Chiefs of Police11 Firstfield Road
Gaithersburg, MD USA 20760
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Sostkowski, R H
- Publication Date: 1978-10
- Pagination: 101 p.
- TRT Terms: Federal government; Highway transportation; Law enforcement; Meetings; Police; Project management; Regions; Speed limits; State government; Static pressure; Traffic law enforcement; Traffic safety; Velocity; Workshops
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00191430
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-803-805 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-6-01345
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 26 1979 12:00AM