ALCOHOL AND HIGHWAY SAFETY 1978: A REVIEW OF THE STATE OF KNOWLEDGE (SUMMARY VOLUME)
The report (in two volumes) summarizes the results of a comprehensive review and analysis of the problem of alcohol and highway crashes in the United States. Both the nature of the alcohol-crash problem and societal responses to that problem are treated. Epidemiologic studies, experimental studies, and countermeasure po-economic, travel, and attitudinal characteristics of two types of users, express bus passengers and non-urograms are examined in the review. The short-term future of the alcohol-crash problem is projected and conclusions and recommendations relative to future research and action programs are developed.
- Record URL:
- Record URL:
- See also report dated January 1978, PB-0291237.
Highway Safety Research InstituteHuron Parkway and Baxter Road
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48109
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Jones, R K
- JOSCELYN, K B
- Publication Date: 1978-1
- Pagination: 123 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcoholic beverages; Alcoholism; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Crashes; Driver rehabilitation; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Education; Highway safety; Human factors engineering; Prevention; Project management; Recommendations; Research; Research management; Reviews; Safety; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents; Rehabilitation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00191403
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UM-HSRI-78-9 Final Rpt., DOT-HS-803-764
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-5-01217
- Files: NTIS, NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 26 1979 12:00AM