PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON RURAL PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION (2ND) HELD AT UNIVERSITY PARK, PA. ON JUNE 1-3, 1977
The proceedings comprise the addressees, presentations, and resource papers given at the conference. Subjects include maximizing the use of existing resources, the state's role in rural transportation, the role of taxicabs and intercity bus services, marketing and behavioral aspects, organizational options, demand estimation and system design, securing and maintaining support, and policy considerations in rural public transportation.
- See also PB-262808.
Pennsylvania State University, University ParkPennsylvania Transportation Institute, Transportation Research Building
University Park, PA United States 16802
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Miller, J H
- Mullen, S S
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Pagination: 194 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus transportation; Conferences; Demand; Intercity bus lines; Level of service; Marketing; Meetings; Planning; Policy; Public transit; Rural areas; State of the art studies; Taxicabs; Transportation planning; Transportation policy; Travel demand; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00191375
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PTI-7805 Proceeding
- Contract Numbers: DOT-PS-70369
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 11 1981 12:00AM