BASELINE TEST OF COMPACT VEHICLE SIDE STRUCTURE, 25 MPH, 60 DEGREE IMPACT, TORINO-TO-VOLARE, TEST NO. 1
Test no. 1 of 11 tests was run to investigate and improve crashworthiness of compact sized vehicle side structures. This test was run at 25 mph at a striking angle of 60 degrees. A 1975 Ford Torino was the bullet vehicle and a standard 1976 Plymouth Volare the target vehicle.
- See also Test No. 2, PB-291874, and PB-292058.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Enserink, E
- Publication Date: 1979-1
- Pagination: 56 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Beams; Collisions; Compact automobiles; Crash injury research; Crashworthiness; Doors; Impact tests; Motor vehicles; Pendulum tests; Research; Safety engineering; Side collisions; Speed; Structural design; Structural members; Traffic speed; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Side
- Old TRIS Terms: Beams (Support)
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00191367
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-803-779 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-5-01104
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 11 1979 12:00AM