CHEVROLET LUV PICKUP TRUCK WEIGHT REDUCTION BASELINE DATA
A weight study was conducted of the Chevrolet LUV Pickup Truck with 4-cylinder engine and 4-speed transmission. The vehicle teardown was limited to the detail necessary to be useful to project near term weight reduction for automotive fuel economy studies. A complete parts list, which includes component description, quantity per car, total weight per car, material description, method of fabrication and gauge thickness, and photographs of the major components, are presented.
South Coast Technology, Incorporated15001 Commerce Drive, Suite 406
Dearborn, MI United States 48120
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Andon, J
- Publication Date: 1978-10
- Pagination: 105 p.
- TRT Terms: Brakes; Components; Fuel consumption; Fuel tanks; Motor vehicle bodies; Pickup trucks; Reduction (Chemistry); Suspension systems; Tires; Trucks; Trucks by weight; Weight
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile bodies; Pickups; Reduction; Weight mass
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Motor Carriers; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00191358
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-803-778 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-7-01790
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 11 1979 12:00AM