EXISTING CATENARY CONDITION AND RECOMMENDATIONS FOR IMPROVEMENT: WASHINGTON, DC. TO NEW ROCHELLE, NY
Under the Northeast Corridor Improvement Project, the spine railroad system from Washington, DC, to New Rochelle, NY, will be converted from 11 kV, 25 HZ operation to 25 kV, 60 Hz operation. The general condition of the catenary and related elements are surveyed, and recommendations for rehabilitation are made for this section of the Corridor, including all subsidiary lines and yards that will be affected by the conversion.
- Prepared by Electrack, Inc., Hyattsville, MD.
De Leuw, Cather and Company1201 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
Electrack, Incorporated6525 Belcrest Road
Hyattsville, MD United States 20782
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1978-12
- Pagination: 361 p.
- TRT Terms: Catenaries (Railroads); Electric railroads; Foundations; Improvements; Maintenance management; Maintenance practices; Planning; Railroad electrification; Structural supports; Towers; Transmission lines
- Geographic Terms: Northeast Corridor; Northeastern United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Supports
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00191355
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: F204-44A-B Final Rpt., FRA/NECPO-79/5
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-76048
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 11 1979 12:00AM