FREIGHT CAR TRUCK DESIGN OPTIMIZATION. VOLUME VIII. RESULTS REPORT FOR TEST SERIES 2 AND 5
This results report contains information reduced from the Truck Design Optimization Project (TDOP) data tapes and organized into an appropriate graphical output. These results encompass data from Test Series 2 and data from the 70-ton (63.6-mt) mechanical refrigerator car used in Test Series 5. Test Series 5 also included data from a 100-ton (90.9-mt) boxcar on cylindrical profile wheels with spring variations and snubbing supplements. These results will be reported with other 100-ton (90.9-mt) boxcar data in Test Series 3 Results Report. In this report, results from Test Series 2 and 5 are compared with the base case results described in TDOP Results Report For Series 1 Tests. Testing was expanded in Series 5 to evaluate harmonic roll characteristics on a specially prepared track, and the results from these tests are used to establish a base case for harmonic roll characteristics.
- See also Volume 1, PB-278698.
Southern Pacific Transportation CompanyTechnical Research and Development Group
San Francisco, CA United States 94105
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1978-5
- Pagination: 232 p.
- TRT Terms: Axles; Components; Design; Dynamics; Field tests; Freight cars; Harmonics; Optimization; Railroad cars; Railroad tracks; Refrigerator cars; Research projects; Rolling; Snubbers; Springs (Vehicles); Suspension systems; Trucks; Vehicle design; Vehicle dynamics; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Profiles
- Old TRIS Terms: Cylindrical wheels; Freight car dynamics; Harmonic roll; Roll; Truck dynamics
- Subject Areas: Design; Motor Carriers; Railroads; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00191335
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-78/12.VIII Final Rpt., TDOP-76-27
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-40023
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 11 1979 12:00AM