ANNUAL REVIEW OF AIRCRAFT ACCIDENT DATA - U.S. GENERAL AVIATION, CALENDAR YEAR 1977
The publication presents the record of aircraft accidents which occurred in U.S. general aviation operations during the calendar year 1977. It includes an analysis of accident data relating to an overview, types of accidents, accident causal factors, kinds of flying, and conclusions; a statistical compilation of accident information presented in the form of accident and rate tables, analytic tables, injury tables and cause/factor tables. These statistical data are divided into sections pertaining to all operations, small fixed-wing aircraft, large fixed -wing aircraft, rotorcraft, gliders, and collisions between aircraft. In 1977, there were 4,286 total general aviation accidents, 702 of which were fatal. Included in the total number of accidents are 52 collisions between aircraft. By coding each aircraft involved in collisions, an additional 51 records were produced, which brought the total nubmer of accidndt records to 4,337. This figure reflects the actual number of pilots and aircraft involved in the accidents.
National Transportation Safety BoardBureau of Technology, 800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC USA 20594
- Publication Date: 1978-11-16
- Pagination: 213 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft crashes; Casualties; Crash data; Crashes; Fatalities; General aviation; Injuries; Statistics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Data
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Data and Information Technology; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00191293
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NTSB-ARG-78-2 Summry Rpt
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM