MVMA (MOTOR VEHICLE MANUFACTURERS ASSOCIATION) TWO-DIMENSIONAL CRASH VICTIM SIMULATION: AUDIO-VISUAL PROGRAM
The MVMA Two-Dimensional Crash Victim Simulator is a mathematical model used for predicting occupant dynamics in a crash environment. The computer model is large and complex. Its many options and features provide the automotive safety engineer considerable flexibility in defining a crash event but at the same time impose considerable demands for specification of input data. As a means of facilitating learning to use the model, the Tutorial System combines a Self-Study Guide and an Audio-Visual Program. Both are divided into thirteen segments, called "modules", each of which deals with the data requirements of a set of related model features. Each audio-visual module consists of 35 mm slides and approximately twenty minutes of narration on a tape cassette. This is the second volume of the Tutorial System documentation. The Audio-Visual Program includes the narration text and figures used for the 35 mm slides.
- Sponsored in part by Motor Vehicle Manufacturers Association of the United States, Inc., Detroit, MI.
Highway Safety Research InstituteHuron Parkway and Baxter Road
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48109
Motor Vehicles Manufacturers Association320 New Center Building
Detroit, MI United States 48202
- Bowman, B M
- Robbins, D H
- Bennett, R O
- Publication Date: 1977-4-27
- Pagination: 301 p.
- TRT Terms: Anatomical models; Audiovisual aids; Crash injury research; Crashes; Dynamic loads; Impact tests; Joints (Anatomy); Loads; Manual safety belts; Manuals; Mathematical models; Motion; Motor vehicles; Neck; Research; Safety engineering; Safety equipment; Simulation; Training; Training devices; Vehicle occupancy
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic response
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00191273
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UM/HSRI/77-18-2 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1979 12:00AM