CONTINUOUS NATIONAL SURVEY. A COMPENDIUM OF QUESTIONNAIRE ITEMS, CYCLES 1 THROUGH 12
A compendium of all questions used in the Continuous National Survey (CNS) conducted by the National Opinion Research Center (NORC) from April 13, 1973 through May 30, 1974, this document is intended to provide precise information about what items were asked when, but it cannot be used as a data file reference. The complete data file, including documentation, is available from NORC upon request. The selection of households and individuals for the CNS was based on the NORC Master Probability Sample of Households which is a multistage, stratified, full-probability sample of all persons, 18 years of age and older, living in households within the 48 contiguous United States. The sample design is detailed in this report. Questions used in the CNS are categorized by the following Federal agencies that initiated the topics: Departments of Agriculture, Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Health, Education, and Welfare's Food and Drug Administration and National Institute of Education, The President's Commission on Gambling, Office of Management and the Budget, and the National Science Foundation.
- See also report dated Jun 75, PB-248 287.
National Opinion Research CenterChicago, IL United States
National Science Foundation1800 G Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20550
- MURRAY, J
- Publication Date: 1974-7
- Pagination: 370 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Demographics; Public opinion; Questionnaires; Sampling; Statistical sampling; Surveys
- Old TRIS Terms: Statistical samples
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Society;
- Accession Number: 00191042
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NORC-125, NSF/RA/S-74/085
- Contract Numbers: NSF-GI34796
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 2002 12:00AM