TRANSPORTATION FOR THE ELDERLY AND HANDICAPPED. VOLUME II. USER SURVEY RESULTS
In August 1976 the Northwestern Indiana Regional Planning Commission (the Metropolitan Planning Organization) began a process to develop a plan which would meet the transportation needs of mobility-limited people in Lake and Porter Counties. The first phase of the planning process was an inventory of existing transportation (Volume I), and a survey of user needs (Volume II). The number of elderly and handicapped in Lake and Porter Counties is 65,019, the base population for this survey. This report, Volume II, contains tables of numbers documenting in detail the results of a survey distributed to 3,117 people, of which 1,000 were returned. Results are presented in two ways: some tables simply describe questionnaire results, and others present cross-tabulations to many questions. Information is displayed in numerical and literary terms.
- See also Volume 1, PB-290685.
Northwestern Indiana Regional Planning Commission8149 Kennedy Avenue
Highland, IN USA 46322
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- STRAINS, S R
- Publication Date: 1978-3
- Pagination: 161 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; City planning; Counties; Data collection; Local government; Mobility; Needs assessment; Physically handicapped persons; Questionnaires; Surveys; Tables (Data); Transportation; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: User needs
- Geographic Terms: Indiana
- Subject Areas: Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00191026
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-09-0072-79-2
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 25 1981 12:00AM