SUMMARY OF TRANSPONDER DATA, JUNE 1975 THROUGH AUGUST 1976
The purpose of this report is to present the results of an evaluation on the performance characteristics of radar beacon transponders used in general aviation aircraft. Data collection was made possible through the utilization of a recently developed transponder performance analyzer. Transponder data samples were obtained over three time periods starting in June 1975 and ending in August 1976. A total of 87 transponders were measured for 9 parameters of operation in June 1975, 56 transponders were measured for 15 parameters of operation from July 1975 through May 1976, and 90 additional transponder samples were obtained during June, July, and August 1976. Data from new off-the-shelf units were compared to data from used transponders. Due to the relatively small data sample, no conclusions could be drawn regarding the overall transponder population, but some trends are evident. (Author)
- See also Rept. no. FAA-RD-72-30, AD-740 786.
NATIONAL AVIATION FACILITIES EXPERIMENTAL CENTERATLANTIC CITY, NJ United States
- Hetrich, G R
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Accuracy; Air traffic control; Aircraft; Airports; Civil aviation; Equipment; Monitoring; Performance; Radar beacons; Test procedures; Transponders
- Old TRIS Terms: Aircraft equipment; Performance engineering
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Operations and Traffic Management; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00191012
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-NA-76-37, FAA-RD-77-74
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 2002 12:00AM