I-95/NW 7TH AVENUE BUS/CAR POOL SYSTEMS DEMONSTRATION PROJECT REPORT II-3. EVALUATION OF THE EFFECTS OF THE I-95 EXCLUSIVE BUS/CAR POOL PRIORITY SYSTEM ON THE EXPRESS BUS SYSTEM
Express bus operations on the new priority lanes on I-95 in March 1976 constitute Phase II of the project. This report, Report II-3, presents the evaluation of the effects of Phase II on the express bus and car pool operation. In addition, the effect of Park'n'Ride facility and flyover ramp on the utilization of the I-95 priority system is presented along with the effect of the marketing program. The economic viability of the I-95/NW 7th Avenue bus/car pool priority systems is also presented.
- Sponsored in part by Florida State Dept. of Transportation, Tallahassee. See also PB-291147 and PB-291149.
University of Florida, GainesvilleTransportation Research Center, P.O. Box 116580
Gainesville, FL United States 32611-6580
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
Tallahassee, FL United States 32301
- Wattleworth, J A
- Wallace, C E
- Wolfe, R S
- Courage, K G
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Pagination: 134 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus priority; Buses; Carpools; Demonstration projects; Evaluation; Express buses; Expressways; High occupancy vehicle lanes; Highway traffic control; Park and ride; Parking facilities; Ramps; Traffic engineering; Traffic lanes; Traffic signals; Travel time; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: Interstate Highway System
- Geographic Terms: Florida
- Old TRIS Terms: Reserved lanes
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00190977
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-FL06-0006-78-12Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Apr 12 2003 12:00AM