I-95/NW 7TH AVENUE BUS/CAR POOL SYSTEMS DEMONSTRATION PROJECT REPORT I-7. EVALUATION OF THE CHARACTERISTICS OF USERS AND NON-USERS OF THE NW 7TH AVENUE EXPRESS BUS/CAR POOL SYSTEM
This report presents the findings of three surveys performed during Phase I of the I-95/NW 7th Avenue Express Bus/Car Pool Systems Demonstration Project. The surveys were administered to obtain data on the socio-economic, travel, and attitudinal characteristics of two types of transit users, express bus passengers and Golden Glades car pool patrons; and similar data from a representative sample of non-users from among the target market population. The user surveys were self-administered questionnaires distributed to the respondents at the Golden Glades Terminal while the non-user survey consisted of telephone interviews conducted by a market research firm. An analysis of the data indicated that the users differed from the non-users with respect to the distribution of several socio-economic traits within each group. Users had a disproportionately larger percentage of females while the non-users had a greater concentration of males. This difference carried over to other socioeconomic traits as well.
- See also Rept. No. 8, PB-291144. Sponsored in part by Florida State Dept. of Transportation, Tallahassee.
University of Florida, GainesvilleTransportation Research Center, P.O. Box 116580
Gainesville, FL United States 32611-6580
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Service & Method Demonstration, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
Gainesville, FL United States 32602
- Reaves, D P
- Goldberg, A P
- Wolfe, R S
- Wattleworth, J A
- Wallace, C E
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Pagination: 145 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile travel; Buses; Carpools; Data collection; Demonstration projects; Express buses; Expressways; Highway traffic control; Passengers; Persons by socioeconomic levels; Socioeconomic factors; Sociology; Surveys; Traffic engineering; Traffic signals; Travel time; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: Interstate Highway System
- Geographic Terms: Florida; Miami (Florida)
- Old TRIS Terms: User characteristics
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00190938
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-FL-06-0006-78-7Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Mar 28 2003 12:00AM