I-95/NW 7TH AVENUE BUS/CAR POOL SYSTEMS DEMONSTRATION PROJECT REPORT I-5. EFFECT OF THE PARK'N'RIDE FACILITY ON USAGE OF THE NW 7TH AVENUE EXPRESS BUS SYSTEM
This report presents a description of the Golden Glades Park'n'Ride Facility and an assessment of the impact of the Facility on usage of the I-95/NW 7th Avenue Express Bus/Car Pool Systems Demonstration Project during Phase I. The Golden Glades Facility is an intermodal transfer facility which provides parking for persons transferring from the auto mode to the express bus or car pool mode. The Facility serves as a staging area for Orange Streaker buses and car pools with provisions for kiss'n'ride and local bus transfers, as well as the park'n'ride transfers. Covering 8.1 acres and providing 967 parking spaces, the Facility is located at the southern end of the Project market area with access to the Project corridor via NW 7th Avenue. This report represents an analysis of data from daily MTA starter counts, input/output studies, air photo studies, system user and intermodal transfer studies, which were used to determine the type of use, growth, and distribution of vehicles as they arrived and left the Facility.
- See also Rept. No. 6, PB-291142. Sponsored in part by Florida State Dept. of Transportation, Tallahassee.
University of Florida, GainesvilleTransportation Research Center, P.O. Box 116580
Gainesville, FL USA 32611-6580
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Service & Method Demonstration, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
Gainesville, FL USA 32602
- Wattleworth, J A
- Wallace, C E
- Courage, K G
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Pagination: 69 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerial photography; Automobile travel; Buses; Carpools; Demonstration projects; Express buses; Expressways; Fringe parking; Highway traffic control; Impact studies; Intermodal transfer; Kiss and ride; Modal split; Parking; Parking facilities; Photointerpretation; Traffic engineering; Traffic signals; Travel time; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: Interstate Highway System
- Geographic Terms: Florida; Miami (Florida)
- Old TRIS Terms: Air photointerpretation; User characteristics
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00190936
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-FL-06-0006-78-5Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Mar 28 2003 12:00AM