I-95/NW 7TH AVENUE BUS/CAR POOL SYSTEMS DEMONSTRATION PROJECT REPORT I-4. MODAL SHIFT ACHIEVED ON THE NW 7TH AVENUE EXPRESS BUS SYSTEM
The purpose of this report was to evaluate the modal split achieved by the Orange Streaker express bus system. Screenline studies and a home interview were conducted to obtain the data necessary to establish a proportional relationship producing modal split of project trips. The project modal split increased with early ridership increases but leveled off with a leveling trend in ridership. The significant increases in modal split achieved in the early months of the study period could not be directly attributed to the attractiveness of the Orange Streaker service due to the impact of other factors, such as the energy crisis. The fact that modal split did not decline at the end of the energy crisis indicates patron satisfaction and suggests that the service provided represented a viable alternative to the automobile to make project trips.
- See also Rept. No. 5, PB-291141. Sponsored in part by Florida State Dept. of Transportation, Tallahassee.
University of Florida, GainesvilleTransportation Research Center, P.O. Box 116580
Gainesville, FL USA 32611-6580
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Service & Method Demonstration, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
Gainesville, FL USA 32602
- Wattleworth, J A
- Wolfe, R S
- Wallace, C E
- Siegel, R L
- Courage, K G
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Pagination: 73 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile travel; Buses; Carpools; Demonstration projects; Energy resources; Express buses; Expressways; Highway traffic control; Modal split; Performance evaluations; Ridership; Traffic engineering; Traffic signals; Travel time; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: Interstate Highway System
- Uncontrolled Terms: Energy crisis
- Geographic Terms: Florida; Miami (Florida)
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00190935
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-FL-06-0006-78-4Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Mar 28 2003 12:00AM