I-95 NW 7TH AVENUE BUS/CAR POOL SYSTEMS DEMONSTRATION PROJECT REPORT I-3. CHANGES IN TRANSIT OPERATIONAL CHARACTERISTICS ON THE NW 7TH AVENUE EXPRESS BUS SYSTEM
This report was written to present the evaluation of the operational characteristics of the Orange Streaker express bus system. The evaluation was conducted collecting data needed to develop primary and secondary measures of system performance for determination of system operating, ridership and revenue characteristics of the Orange Streaker system. The analysis showed that one-way peak period express service resulted in large portions of non-productive (deadhead) time and miles. Ridership generally increased although some routes experienced low levels of utilization. The fare structure provided revenue-generating characteristics that were inadequate to support the quality of service provided. Service modifications to improve the efficiency of operation and fare increases are necessary to reduce deficit operations.
- See also Rept. No. 4, PB-291140. Sponsored in part by Florida State Dept. of Transportation, Tallahassee.
University of Florida, GainesvilleTransportation Research Center, P.O. Box 116580
Gainesville, FL United States 32611-6580
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Service & Method Demonstration, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
Gainesville, FL United States 32602
- Wolfe, R S
- Wattleworth, J A
- Wallace, C E
- Siegel, R L
- Courage, K G
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Pagination: 143 p.
- TRT Terms: Carpools; Demonstration projects; Economic efficiency; Express buses; Fares; Level of service; Operating costs; Peak periods; Performance evaluations; Ridership
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency
- Geographic Terms: Miami (Florida)
- Old TRIS Terms: Operating strategies
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00190934
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-FL-06-0006-78-3Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Mar 28 2003 12:00AM