THE ENERGY, ECONOMIC AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONSEQUENCES OF INCREASED VEHICLE SIZE AND WEIGHT. VOLUME II. COMPENDIUM OF APPENDICES
This compendium supplements the 'Final Report' and consists of an Introduction, a review of factors affected by increased vehicle size and weight (energy, costs, operations, environmental) including whether these factors are treated from a qualitative, quantitative, or analytical standpoint in the report. (Summary given in eight tables). Appendices A through J give detailed findings and include a summary of a workshop, review of size and weight regulations and permit operations, evaluation of effect of heavier, larger trucks on pavement life, bridge performance, highway costs, truck performance, traffic operations, truck costs, safety and environmental. The detailed information in this compendium is summarized in the companion Volume I, Final Report.
- See also Volume 1, PB-290335.
Oregon State University, CorvallisTransportation Research Institute
Corvallis, OR USA 97331
Department of TransportationOffice of University Research, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Layton, R D
- Hicks, R G
- Mingle, J G
- Phelps, R E
- Cantwell, W C
- Publication Date: 1978-1
- Pagination: 404 p.
- TRT Terms: Benefit cost analysis; Bridges; Computer programming; Cost effectiveness; Costs; Economic impacts; Economics; Energy; Environmental impacts; Highways; Maintenance; Motor vehicles; Operating costs; Pavements; Regulations; Safety; Service life; Simulation; Size; Sizing apparatus; Trucking; Trucks; Trucks by weight; Vehicle performance; Weight
- Old TRIS Terms: Pavement life; Weight mass
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Economics; Energy; Environment; Finance; Freight Transportation; Highways; Law; Maintenance and Preservation; Motor Carriers; Pavements; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00190923
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/RSPA/DPB50/78/27Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-60142
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 28 1979 12:00AM