WATER TRANSPORTATION REQUIREMENTS FOR COAL MOVEMENT IN 1985
This study of transportation requirements for coal movements through 1985 is one of a series conducted for the U.S. Department of Transportation to identify and quantify future transportation requirements for energy materials. The primary objectives of the study were to develop a scenario for 1985 coal production and consumption and to project water coal traffic equipment and facilities requirements consistent with the scenario. A second objective was to identify the planning processes used by the water carriers to identify and prepare for future traffic. The third objective of the study was to identify potential constraints to and institutional issues impacting increases in water coal traffic and the ability of the water carriers to handle it profitably.
- See also report dated Dec 76, PB-263 368.
Input Output Computer Services, Incorporated400 Totten Pond Road
Waltham, MA United States 02154
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Witten, J M
- Desai, S A
- Publication Date: 1978-12
- Pagination: 114 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Barge operations; Barges; Bulk cargo; Coal; Coal industry; Competition; Constraints; Consumption; Economic forecasting; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Fuel consumption; Inland water transportation; Inland waterways; Institutional issues; Lakes; Petroleum; Production; Socioeconomic development; Specifications; Trade; Traffic forecasting; Transportation; Transportation modes; Transportation planning; Water traffic; Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Requirement
- Geographic Terms: Great Lakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk coal; Cargo movement; Cargo transportation; Energy transport; Inland waterways transportation; Trade forecasts; Waterway transportation
- Subject Areas: Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00190912
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-OST-78-21 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1282
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 28 1979 12:00AM