TRANSIT CRIME STUDY
This report presents statistic data and information which enabled a determination that the northeast region of New Jersey is the only location in the state where transit crime statistics are collected and tabulated. Security systems and techniques are evaluated and several systems are chosen as possible successful countermeasures for the high transit crime locations in the region. Two-way radio communication is suggested for the bus and subway locations. Helicopter Track Patrols are suggested for the commuter rail locations. All these systems are examined and funding priorities are established. Activities necessary for evaluation of the recommended security systems are included. (Portions of this document are not fully legible)
- Sponsored in part by New Jersey State Law Enforcement Planning Agency, Trenton.
Trenton, NJ United States 08625
New Jersey State Law Enforcement Planning AgencyTrenton, NJ United States
- Graf, C R
- Roberts, A W
- Publication Date: 1977-7
- Pagination: 108 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Buses; Communication systems; Costs; Countermeasures; Crimes; Financing; Helicopters; Law enforcement; Passenger security; Police; Prevention; Public transit; Radio; Railroad commuter service; Rapid transit; Safety; Security; Subways; Surveys; Urban transportation; Vandalism
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Patrol; Security programs
- Geographic Terms: New Jersey
- Old TRIS Terms: Destruction; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Public Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00190881
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 77-008-7890 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Mar 28 1981 12:00AM