ENVIRONMENTAL ANALYSIS FOR DEVELOPMENT PLANNING IN CHAMBERS COUNTY, TEXAS, LAND USE POLICY COMPONENT, INTERIM SUMMARY OF FEDERAL INFLUENCE OVER LAND USE
This summary covers major Federal programs that affect land use and indicates some of the influence which these programs may have on Chambers County, Texas. The first part is divided into specific areas of study and includes the history of Federal assistance programs to date. These areas are housing and urban development, the Rural Development Act of 1972, transportation, mass transit, energy, air pollution controls, the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969; power plant siting, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Coastal Zone Management (CZM), the National Land Use Policy (NLUP) and Planning Assistance Act, and the interrelation of EPA, CZM, and NLUP. The second part deals with constitutional power in relation to transportation, housing and slum clearance, urban renewal, Federal assistance for new communities and open space acquisition, the Rural Development Act of 1972, the EPA, CZM, NLUP and Planning Assistance Act, and power plant siting bills. Included are the legislative history of these land use acts and their actual terminology, control and enforcement procedures and research and developing funding. Specific references to Texas, and especially Chambers County, in relation to these programs are made throughout the report.
- Prepared in cooperation with Bates Coll. of Law, Houston, TX.
Southwest Center for Urban ResearchHouston, TX United States
National Science Foundation1800 G Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20550
- MIXON, J
- Publication Date: 1973-11-21
- Pagination: 142 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Coastal zone management; Dwellings; Electric power plants; Energy; Environment; Federal assistance programs; Federal government; Housing; Housings; Land use; Law enforcement; Legislation; Location; Planning; Policy; Research projects; Rural areas; Surveys; Transportation; Urban renewal; Water pollution
- Uncontrolled Terms: Building sites
- Geographic Terms: Texas
- Old TRIS Terms: Environmental surveys; Government policies
- Subject Areas: Energy; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Security and Emergencies; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00190848
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NSF/RA/E-73-518
- Contract Numbers: NSF-GI-39211
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 28 2002 12:00AM