PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT FOR NORTH CAROLINA COMMUNITIES. VOLUME III. STREET MAINTENANCE
The report is one of a series of four volumes prepared for use by public administrators, department heads, and others responsible for or interested in the delivery of quality of public services in North Carolina at the lowest possible cost to the taxpayer. The major purpose is to provide a means for measuring the performance of, in the case of this Volume III, street maintenance services. The report is based on the premise that communities can compare costs and levels of services with communities similar to them. The first section introduces the idea of performance measurement in terms of community goals for public service provision and describes the kinds of measures used to indicate quality, quantity, and costs of services. The second section contains a report of these measures for select groups of North Carolina municipalities that offer variations in population size and geographical distribution across the state.
- Also available in set of 4 reports (PB-287882-SET).
Research Triangle InstituteP.O. Box 12194
Research Triangle Pk, NC USA 27709
North Carolina Department of Natural Resources and Community DevelopmentCommunity Assistance Division
Raleigh, NC USA
Natl Ctr for Productivity & Qual of Working Life2000 M Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20036
- Connelly, M
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Assessments; Cleaning; Costs; Highway maintenance; Level of service; Maintenance; Maintenance management; Measurement; Performance; Refuse; Social values; Statistics; Streets; Urban areas
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Maintenance costs; Services
- Geographic Terms: North Carolina
- Old TRIS Terms: Community values; Street maintenance
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Finance; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation;
- Accession Number: 00190821
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 28 1979 12:00AM