A STUDY OF MULTIPLE-SHAKER MODAL SURVEY TESTING
The principal objective was to examine and to assess the practical value of a method of multiple-shaker sinusoidal modal vibration testing known as Asher's method. Numerical studies which simulate the application of Asher's method and a unique experimental implementation of the method were completed. Another objective of the research was to develop and to demonstrate with numerical simulation a quantitative method for determining from transfer function data the number of dominant modes of vibration in sinusoidal structural response.
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, BlacksburgDepartment of Agronomy
Blacksburg, VA USA 24061
- Hallauer, WLJ
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 44 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Dynamic structural analysis; Economic efficiency; Mathematical analysis; Mathematical models; Numerical analysis; Simulation; Structural analysis; Structural mechanics; Surveys; Training simulators; Transfer functions; Vibration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency; Structural response; Vibration mode
- Old TRIS Terms: Sine waves; Structural vibration; Vibration surveys
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00190741
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NASA-CR-157890 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NSG-1276
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 28 1979 12:00AM