VEHICULAR IMPACT ABSORPTION SYSTEM
An improved vehicular impact absorption system characterized by a plurality of aligned crash cushions of substantially cubic configuration is described. Each consists of a plurality of voided aluminum beverage cans arranged in substantial parallelism within a plurality of superimposed tiers and a covering envelope formed of metal hardware cloth. A plurality of cables is extended through the cushions in substantial parallelism with an axis of alignment for the cushions adapted to be anchored at each of the opposite end thereof.
- This Government-owned invention available for U.S. licensing and, possibly, for foreign licensing. Copy of patent available Commissioner of Patents, Washington, D.C. 20231 $0.50.
National Aeronautics and Space AdministrationNASA Pasadena Office
Pasadena, CA USA 91103
- Knoell, A C
- Wilson, A H
- Publication Date: 1977-8-19
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Aluminum; Bumpers; Cables; Crash cushions; Ground vehicles; Patents; Shock absorbers; Shock resistance; Vehicles
- Old TRIS Terms: Absorbers /equipment/; Cushions; Descriptions; Impact tolerance; Surface vehicles
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00190739
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent-4 118 014
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 28 1979 12:00AM