STRUTS WITH LATERAL LOADS
The Item provides values of bending moments and the value and location of maximum bending moment for struts subjected to various loadings. In all cases the struts are of uniform section and are assumed to be perfectly straight prior to the application of any loads. The figures relate to struts in which shear deformations are negligible and in which the limit of proportionality of the material has nowhere been exceeded. The appendix describes a method of constructing the governing differential equations for struts subjected to lateral load so that they may be solved conveniently by numerical techniques to yield the deflection and hence the bending moments. The equations can be constructed so as to deal with any configuration of lateral load applied to struts with or without initial bow and/or offset end loads in which the cross sectional dimensions and material properties vary along the length.
- Also published as ISSN-0141-4097, and ISSN -0141-4089. For information on availability of series, sub-series, and other individual data items, write NTIS, Attn: ESDU, Springfield, VA. 22161.
Engineering Sciences Data Unit Limited251-259 Regent Street
London W1R 7AD, England
- Publication Date: 1978-11
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Bending moments; Compressive strength; Data collection; Force; Graphics; Landing gear; Load factor; Loads; Needs assessment; Struts; Wings (Aircraft)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Compressive properties; Data sources; Lateral pressure; User needs
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- Old TRIS Terms: Graphic methods
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00190705
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ISBN-085679-234-9 Data Item
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 28 1979 12:00AM