AIRPORT VICINITY AIR POLLUTION MODEL ABBREVIATED VERSION USER'S GUIDE
This document describes the Airport Vicinity Air Pollution (AVAP) Model modified by the Energy and Environmental Systems Division of Argonne National Laboratory for the Federal Aviation Administration under Inter-Agency Agreement DOT-FA71WA1-223. This version of the model, Airport Vicinity Air Pollution Model Abbreviated Version, provides a 'first-guess' estimate of an airport air pollution distribution based on more general input information than is described in Report No. FAA-RD-75-230, the model's primary form. The estimate of pollutant concentrations are computed for selected individual receptor locations based on the dispersion emissions from area and line type sources. Pollutant emission levels due to each member of a source type are tabulated. The results of a one-hour modeling period of aircraft arrival-departure activities, airport ground-support services, and airport access vehicle roadways are tabulated for each receptor location and pollutant species. The document presents a discussion of the theoretical considerations fundamental to the AVAP Model Abbreviated Version as well as program flow diagrams essential to understanding the theory. Required sequential card data input to the program is illustrated along with substitution options for program constants. Additionally, an example problem and a program listing are provided.
- See also Rept. no. FAA-RD-75-230, AD-A020 352.
Argonne National Laboratory9700 South Cass Avenue
Argonne, IL United States 60439
- CONLEY, L A
- Rote, D M
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Pagination: 125 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Air quality; Air quality management; Aircraft exhaust gases; Airport noise; Airports; Carbon monoxide; Computer programs; Contaminants; Environmental impact analysis; Environmental impacts; Exhaust gases; Model atmosphere; Pollutants; Simulation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Contamination
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Environment; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00190568
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-RD-78-111 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA71WA1-223
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1979 12:00AM