TRAPS 52 USER'S GUIDE--ANALYTICAL AND EXPERIMENTAL ASSESSMENT OF HIGHWAY IMPACT ON AIR QUALITY
TRAPS 52 is a simplified version of the TRAPS II air pollution dispersion model. This version has been designed to run on the Texas Instruments' SR52 hand held programmable calculator. The program calculates the carbon monoxide concentration at any distance downwind from a roadway, given site geometry, meteorology, and traffic parameters. The program is quite flexible, accepting inputs in either metric units, English units, or a mixture of both. Many error conditions are caught as soon as the parameter is entered and the parameter is rejected. If an error occurs later, a code indicating the most probable cause is returned. Meteorology and traffic parameters can be updated without changing the site geometry for running multiple cases at a single site.
- Sponsored in part by Texas State Dept. of Highways and Public Transportation, Austin. Transportation Planning Div.
Arlington, TX USA 76011
Texas State Department of Highways & Public TranspTransportation Planning Division, P.O. Box 5051
Austin, TX USA 78763
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Bullin, J A
- Polasek, J C
- Publication Date: 1978-3-21
- Pagination: 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Carbon monoxide; Computer programs; Concentration (Chemistry); Highways; Iterative methods; Mathematical models; Polynomials; Programming (Mathematics); Programming manuals; Velocity; Wind
- Old TRIS Terms: Wind velocity
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00190543
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: RR-218-3, FHWA/TX-78-218(3), Interim Report
- Files: NTIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Mar 14 2003 12:00AM