RAIL SAFETY/EQUIPMENT CRASHWORTHINESS. VOLUME IV. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
The document, the fourth of four volumes, summarizes the activities and documentation conducted under this contract. The analysis of the accident data highlighted areas where improvements could be made to improve the occupant protection of passenger rail vehicles. Design criteria were determined and some suitable design changes proposed. For the proposed areas of change, typical Federal Standards documentation were prepared.
- Record URL:
- See also Volume 3, PB-289149. Also available in set of 4 reports PC E06, PB-289 146-SET.
Boeing Vertol CompanySurface Transportation Systems Department, P.O. Box 16858
Philadelphia, PA United States 19142
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Reilly, M J
- Publication Date: 1978-7
- Pagination: 75 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Components; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Crashes; Crashworthiness; Derailments; Design; Design standards; Documents; Information processing; Injuries; Passenger cars; Passenger transportation; Passengers; Protection; Railroad cars; Railroad trains; Research; Safety engineering; Simulation; Specifications; Systems analysis; Transportation safety; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Documentation; Passenger safety; Requirement
- Old TRIS Terms: Analytical techniques; Passenger car design
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00190539
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-77/73.IV Intrm Rpt., DOT-TSC/FRA-77-15-4, D339-10051-1
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-821-4
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 14 1979 12:00AM