RAIL SAFETY/EQUIPMENT CRASHWORTHINESS. VOLUME III. PROPOSED ENGINEERING STANDARDS
The document, the third of four volumes, contains recommended Engineering Standards prepared in the format of the standards published in the Code of Federal Regulations (Title 49, Transportation, Parts 200). The standards proposed provide improved occupant protection in the secondary impact situation associated with railroad accidents.
- Record URL:
- See also Volume 2, PB-289148, and Volume 4, PB-289150. Also available in set of 4 reports PC E06, PB-289 146-SET.
Boeing Vertol CompanySurface Transportation Systems Department, P.O. Box 16858
Philadelphia, PA United States 19142
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Reilly, M J
- Publication Date: 1978-7
- Pagination: 70 p.
- TRT Terms: Components; Containing equipment; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Crashes; Crashworthiness; Derailments; Design; Design standards; Fire resistant materials; Information processing; Injuries; Manual safety belts; Occupant protection devices; Passenger cars; Passenger transportation; Passengers; Protection; Railroad cars; Railroad trains; Regulations; Research; Safety engineering; Seats; Simulation; Specifications; Standards; Systems analysis; Transportation safety; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Containment; Design criteria; Impact protection; Passenger safety; Requirement
- Old TRIS Terms: Government regulations; Passenger car design; Windows
- Subject Areas: Design; Law; Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00190538
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-77/73. III Intrm Rpt., DOT-TSC/FRA-77-15-3, D339-10050-1
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-821-3
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 14 1979 12:00AM