MULTINATIONAL ACTIVITIES OF MAJOR U.S. AUTOMOTIVE PRODUCERS. VOLUME IV. A PRELIMINARY EVALUATION OF TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION AND TRANSFER
While the major focus of the present study, as reflected in Volume II, III, and V, has been upon the overseas activities of the four U.S. automobile manufacturers, a supplementary concern has been to develop insights into the flows or transfers of technology between each U.S. parent corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates overseas. Volume IV presents some observations and a preliminary assessment of these technology flows. The examination is far from comprehensive and only peripherally considers the issues of technology transfers between a U.S. manufacturer and independent foreign automobile manufacturers or other independent firms.
- See also Volume 3, PB-289 108, and Volume 5, PB-289 110. Also available in set of 5 reports PC E13, PB-289 105-SET.
Ronstadt (Robert C.) Associates, IncorporatedDover, MA United States
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Ronstadt, R C
- Casey, W
- Jeannet, J P
- Marthinsen, J
- Whorf, R
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Corporations; Development; Engineering; Exhaust gases; Foreign; Fuel consumption; Industries; International trade; Marketing; Production; Research; Safety engineering; Sales; Technological innovations; Technology transfer
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Energy; Finance; Research;
- Accession Number: 00190532
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/TSC/NHTSA-78-21-4
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1387-4
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 14 2002 12:00AM