MULTINATIONAL ACTIVITIES OF MAJOR U.S. AUTOMOTIVE PRODUCERS. VOLUME III. RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT, AND ENGINEERING ABROAD
This is Volume III of the report on the multinational activities of the four major U.S. automotive producers. The primary objective of Volume III is to evaluate the RD&E activities performed abroad by the U.S. automotive multinationals in order to determine: (a) which foreign subsidiaries participate in RD&E efforts; (b) the magnitude of RD&E efforts made by these foreign subsidiaries; (c) the particular location and capabilities of RD&E efforts performed abroad; and, (d) the particular type of RD&E performed at different locations abroad. In addition, the report assesses: (e) the factors which cause the establishment and evolution of RD&E activities abroad by the U.S. automotive multinationals; and, (f) the significance and probable future of RD&E performed abroad by the U.S. automotive multinationals.
- See also Volume 2, PB-289 107, and Volume 4, PB-289 109. Also available in set of 5 reports PC E13, PB-289 105-SET.
Ronstadt (Robert C.) Associates, IncorporatedDover, MA United States
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Ronstadt, R C
- Casey, W
- Jeannet, J P
- Marthinsen, J
- Whorf, R
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Pagination: 57 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Corporations; Development; Engineering; Exhaust gases; Foreign; Fuel consumption; Industries; International trade; Marketing; Production; Research; Safety engineering; Sales; Technological innovations; Technology transfer
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Energy; Finance; Research;
- Accession Number: 00190531
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/TSC/NHTSA-78-21-3
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1387-3
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 14 2002 12:00AM