MULTINATIONAL ACTIVITIES OF MAJOR U.S. AUTOMOTIVE PRODUCERS. VOLUME I. SUMMARY
The multinational activities of General Motors, Ford, Chrysler, and American Motors are documented and analyzed. The study contains a compilation of data related to multinational operations; specifically it addresses research, development, engineering, production, marketing, and sales activities performed abroad. A preliminary assessment of the technology transfers within each U.S. multinational producer is provided. The study also examines the diffusion of production and sales operations abroad; the timing and location of these investments are shown consistent with the Product Life Cycle Theory of International Trade and Investment.
- See also Volume 2, PB-289 107. Also available in set of 5 reports PC E13, PB-289 105-SET.
Ronstadt (Robert C.) Associates, IncorporatedDover, MA USA
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Ronstadt, R C
- Casey, W
- Jeannet, J P
- Marthinsen, J
- Whorf, R
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Corporations; Development; Engineering; Exhaust gases; Foreign; Fuel consumption; Industries; International trade; Marketing; Production; Research; Safety engineering; Sales; Technological innovations; Technology transfer
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Energy; Finance; Research;
- Accession Number: 00190529
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/TSC/NHTSA-78-21-1
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1387-1
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 14 2002 12:00AM