VEHICLE INTEGRATION AND EVALUATION OF ADVANCED RESTRAINT SYSTEMS. VOLUME II: PHASE B
A series of eighteen full-scale crash tests were conducted to evaluate the performance of four advanced restraint systems that were structurally integrated into the Volvo 244. These tests were split into two phases; Phase A consisted of car-to-car and car-to-barrier impact tests using only Volvo 244's as test vehicles while the Phase B impact test configurations were car-to-car using Volvo 244's with Ford Torinos serving as bullet vehicles. This report presents the test results from Phase B of the test series.
- See also Volume 1, PB-288930, and Volume 3, PB-288932. Also available in set of 3 reports PC E13, PB-288 929-SET.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Carr, R W
- Aboud, G M
- Publication Date: 1977-10
- Pagination: 224 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Bags; Barriers (Roads); Crash injury research; Crashes; Design standards; Evaluation; Impact tests; Integrated systems; Manual safety belts; Research; Safety equipment; Testing; Traffic safety; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Barriers; Integration
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00190520
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-802-830 Final Rpt., 80300-77-147
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-6-01307
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 14 1979 12:00AM