VEHICLE INTEGRATION AND EVALUATION OF ADVANCED RESTRAINT SYSTEMS. VOLUME I: PHASE A
The report presents the results of nine full-scale crash tests conducted to evaluate the performance of four advanced restraint systems; RSV Driver Airbag, RSV Passenger Airbag, Force Limited Airbelt, and the Force Limited 2-inch Belt, when structurally integrated into a production vehicle. The vehicle chosen by NHTSA for this was the Volvo 244. The tests consisted of car-to-car and car-to-barrier impacts which were conducted to help determine the performance limits of the four advanced restraint systems in terms of meeting the FMVSS 208 crashworthiness criteria.
- See also Volume 2, PB-288931. Also available in set of 3 reports PC E13, PB-288 929-SET.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Carr, R W
- Aboud, G M
- Publication Date: 1977-10
- Pagination: 363 p.
- TRT Terms: Air bags; Automobiles; Bags; Barriers (Roads); Crash injury research; Crashes; Crashworthiness; Design standards; Evaluation; Impact tests; Integrated systems; Manual safety belts; Performance; Research; Safety equipment; Testing; Traffic safety; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Barriers; Integration
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00190519
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-802-829 Final Rpt., 8300-77-146
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-6-01307
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 14 1979 12:00AM