FRONT PASSENGER ASPIRATOR AIR BAG SYSTEM FOR SMALL CARS. PHASE II EVALUATION
Development and evaluation of an aspirator air bag has been completed at Calspan Corporation. The aspirator air bag was developed through computer simulations and sled tests, Phase I, and was evaluated through additional sled tests and in a 41.6 mph crash of a standard Volvo into a flat barrier. This report reviews the Phase I development of the aspirator system and presents results of the Phase II sled tests and the car crash.
- See also reported dated September 76, PB-259008.
Calspan Corporation4455 Genesee Street
Buffalo, NY United States 14225
Washington, DC United States 20590
- ROMEO, D J
- Publication Date: 1978-3
- Pagination: 160 p.
- TRT Terms: Air bags; Automobiles; Bags; Barriers (Roads); Compact automobiles; Crashes; Evaluation; Impact tests; Inflatable structures; Reliability; Rocket sleds; Safety equipment; Simulation; Testing
- Uncontrolled Terms: Barriers
- Old TRIS Terms: Rocket propelled sleds
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00190511
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CALSPAN-ZP-5777-V-2, DOT-HS-803-612
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-5-01254
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 14 1979 12:00AM