MULTIDISCIPLINARY ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION, SINGLE VEHICLE ACCIDENT STUDY. VOLUME II. TECHNICAL REPORT
The report describes the methodology utilized to perform the study, the nature of the accident events investigated, the characteristics of the drivers, vehicles and highway conditions encountered and the causal factors contributing to accident causation and injury/damage production. Specific and general countermeasures recommended to reduce the frequency of occurrence and the severity of single vehicle accidents are also included.
- Record URL:
- See also Volume 1, PB-288849, and Volume 3, PB-288851. Also available in set of 3 reports PC E11, PB-288 848-SET.
University of Miami, Coral GablesMarine Laboratory
Coral Gables, FL United States 33124
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Kurucz, C N
- Morrow, B W
- Fogarty, W J
- Janicek, A
- Klapper, J
- Publication Date: 1977-11
- Pagination: 143 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Crash causes; Crash cushions; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Crash severity; Crashes; Drivers; Driving; Human characteristics; Human factors engineering; Injuries; Poles (Supports); Prevention; Research; Safety; Safety equipment; Single vehicle crashes; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety; Vehicle characteristics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Driver characteristics; Driving conditions; Motor vehicle accidents
- Geographic Terms: Florida
- Old TRIS Terms: Attenuators
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Society;
- Accession Number: 00190506
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-803-653 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-060-3-671
- Files: NTIS, NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 14 1979 12:00AM