STATE OF RHODE ISLAND SPECIAL ADJUDICATION FOR ENFORCEMENT (SAFE)
The document is a technical summary of the final report on Rhode Island's Special Adjudication for Enforcement (SAFE) demonstration project. The project concluded its second operational year on June 30, 1977 and the Administrative Adjudication Division continued as a permanent state agency after that date. During the two demonstration years, the project disposed of 137,316 traffic summonses, with 100,036 summonses paid by mail and 37,280 summonses adjudicated at administrative hearings.
Rhode Island Administrative Adjudication Division345 Harris Avenue
Providence, RI United States 02909
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Moretti, A C
- Ulmer, R G
- Publication Date: 1978-3
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Administrative procedures; Demonstration projects; Hearings; Highway traffic; Law enforcement; Motor vehicles; Payment; Postal service; State government; Strategic planning; Traffic regulations; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Enforcement
- Geographic Terms: Rhode Island
- Old TRIS Terms: Administrative support; Vehicular traffic
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00190498
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-803-584 Tech Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-4-00956
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 14 1979 12:00AM